Artist Training Fund
You must be an artist member to apply for the artist training fund. You can join by clicking here. Please email your completed form to Mick – email@example.com
Download the Training Application Form – Training Application Form
Download the Training Fund Guidelines – Artist Training Fund Guidelines
ARTIST TRAINING FUND GUIDELINES
Arts Connection – Cyswllt Celf offers training opportunities to artist members relating to their community arts practice via its Artist Training Fund. Each application is assessed by the Board of Trustees on how it relates to broadening community arts practice, personal growth and development, transformative skills and relevance.
- For requests up to £250 we offer 100% towards training costs which can include reasonable travel and accommodation costs. These will need to be itemised. For amounts over £250 we offer a sliding scale from 100 – 50% up to £1,000
- We can provide support towards travel and accommodation costs. This will be at the discretion of the Trustees. Please ensure you include these costs separately from the course cost.
- All successful applicants are required to show a willingness to share their gained experience/qualification with the community. i.e. through a workshop or presentation (if appropriate)
- There are no deadlines for applications
- Members can make one application per financial year (April – March)
- Applications should be received by Arts Connection at least 6 weeks before the course/training event date. We will process your application and let you know the outcome within this time frame
- No retrospective applications will be considered
- We take into account how the training can support our 4 creative programmes:
- Arts for All – This is work based within a particular geographic area or with a particular community or group. Currently our focus is on families and older people. It can be anything from a festival to a one-off workshop. It includes processions, festivals, inter-generational projects, open access workshops and events and public art.
- Learning by Art – Arts projects for children and young people aged 0 – 25. It includes work with schools, the youth service and other organisations working with children and young people.
- Art of Wellbeing – Art work that is focused on particular health agendas. It includes work with the disabled, learning disabled, people with physical health and mental health issues. Such work could be set in care settings, hospitals and with community groups.
- Wild at Art – Art projects focussed on the environment. It includes work that is about learning about sustainability, the environment and recycling, forest schools and outdoor play.
How to Apply
- Please fill in the training application form and include as much information as you can
- Please include your CV (staff can support you to create one, if required)
Terms & Conditions
- In the case of a successful application, Arts Connection will contact you as soon as possible to arrange payment. Payment will usually be by cheque to either yourself or the course holders
- Arts Connection accepts no responsibility for course cancellation or any other unforeseen circumstances that result in your non-attendance
- Arts Connection will not be liable for any cancellation fees, or any additional payments incurred as a result of the cancellation of the course
- In the event of course cancellation the allocated grant must be returned to Arts Connection within 21 days of the date of the cancellation of the course
- You are required to share / disseminate what you learn from the course with artist members or the community, we understand in some cases this will not be possible
- You are required to write a brief report (200 – 400 words), please include a photo/s, if possible, about the course upon completion to be submitted to Arts Connection within 21 days.. Extracts of this report may be included in our monthly members newsletter
- You may be required to attend our AGM to give a short presentation about the course and the training gained
- The grant may not be used to cover any subsistence costs incurred during the course
- Any unspent portion of the grant must be returned to Arts Connection within 21 days of completion of the course
- If any problems arise, you must inform Arts Connection immediately of any changes