Artist Opportunities & JobsWe list our job opportunities here when they arise. If you have any problems using the online application forms, please contact Mick, firstname.lastname@example.org or 01691 648 929. He can either guide you through the process or if you are still having problems he can send you a word version application form.
Wild @ Art
Our Wild @ Art Creative Programme has a focus on issues to do with sustainability, the environment and / or using recycled materials. We are looking to run a project in North Powys and Wrexham.
Artist Brief for Wild @ Art
– Scheduled to take before March 2019 –
Background & Context
Our mission is to inspire and involve people in community arts, investing in and nurturing creativity. Our Wild @ Art Creative Programme has a focus on issues to do with sustainability, the environment and / or using recycled materials.
Project Aim: To raise awareness and educate people about the impact of plastic pollution on our environment
- Creation of art work (any art form), either as an individual or a group
- Improved wellbeing (confidence, mood, friendships, developed or improved skills)
- Increased awareness of plastic pollution
What: We are looking to run a project in North Powys and Wrexham. We are looking for a different artist for each area. We are looking for an artist to put forward an idea for either a three day or six ½ day arts project that looks to produce the above outcomes.
The budget for the project is for the equivalent of 3 days and is a total for each artist of £459. There is a budget of up to £100 for each area toward materials.
Target Group: Please tell us in your application
Timescale: Please tell us in your application
Venue: Please tell us in your application
Sessions: Please tell us in your application
For your application please refer to the following:
- The aim of the project
- The outcomes of the project
- How you will work with target group
- How the project will work – a brief session outline / plan
Fee: £459 per artist
Materials: Up to £100 per artist
Mileage: Mileage over a 50 mile roundtrip will be paid at £0.45 pence per mile (up to a maximum of £30 per session)
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of working with the target group you have mentioned
- Ability to deliver bilingually
- If working with children and young people we suggest that you undertake child protection training triennially –
- Child Protection Training – online course costs £20 – https://www.nspcc.org.uk/what-you-can-do/get-expert-training/child-protection-introduction/
To apply please complete the online application form.
All applicants will be assessed:
- Solely on the information provided within the application
- Objectively, based on the requirements of the project outlined in this brief
- By the selection panel, drawn from the members of the board of Arts Connection, and, where appropriate representatives of partner organisations.
WARNING – Failure to supply all the required information will seriously affect your application.
If you have any queries or require support to complete your application please contact the office.
Deadline for submissions: 5pm, Friday 22nd June 2018